Renee Ring spent her career as a finance lawyer in New York, and she is currently the COO of the Environmental Financial Consulting Group (EFCG).
After a wonderful career in law, she transitioned to management and financial consulting and the not-for-profit world. Over the years she has had significant involvement with cultural institutions and with preservation and environmental issues which complement her relevant experience and accomplishments as a corporate lawyer. These include:
• Expertise as both a member of several Boards of Trustees and as a staff member of an NGO working with its Board of Trustees
• Significant familiarity with forest stewardship, climate control and sustainability issues
• Knowledge of the foundation world, both as a grant-maker and a grant-seeker
• Expertise and interest in corporate governance for NGOs as well as for-profit firms
• Consensus building in complicated transactions with short deadlines
• Expertise in numerous different types of legal issues